I was whiling away my time listening to one song over and over again when a dear friend of mine asked me a question to which i didnt know the answer. That instant i dropped everything (not literally) and made my awesome ASUS machine a WiFi Hotspot.
This is how i did it.
- I first downloaded Connectify and of course chose the Lite version, but you can always pick the Pro one as well.
- Next I installed it
- It asked for a reboot
- I did a reboot
- Connectify asked me to put in a Hotspot Name, so i let the program deal with it… As you can see in the Screenshot (Yes that is my desktop screenshot) it stated Connectify-me… i let that stay
- The next line asked me for a password and i chose an all numeric code which basically means 0-9 numbers.
- The other things were already pre-selected so i let it all be.
- Then i hit the Start Hotspot button. I know it says on the screenshot that “stop hotspot’ but that came after starting it.
- I next scanned my smartphone’s Wi-Fi and it showed me “connectify-me” connection.
- I tapped it and entered the password which i had previously entered into the software….
- I double checked the browsing on my phone and saw it was giving an amazing connection speed and quick browsing as well.